Login or Create an Account
PRSA Chicago 2024 Michelle Flowers Diversity Fellowship Program
Create a New Account
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited four-year college or university in Illinois.
- Be enrolled in public relations studies, journalism, communications or courses preparing for a career in public relations.
- Be a current freshman, sophomore, junior, or non-graduating senior.
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Be African-American/Black, Hispanic or Latina/o/x/e, Arab/West Asian, East and Southeast Asian, South Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Indigenous/Native American, or Two or More Races.
To apply for this award, submit the following:
- A completed online application process found HERE.
- Full name
- Contact information: address, email, phone
- University name
- Major and minor
- A 500-word essay that explains why the applicant feels they are a top candidate for the Michelle Flowers Diversity Fellowship and how they uplift Diversity and Inclusion within their university and among their peers.
- A recommendation letter of no more than two pages from a faculty member or advisor.
- An unofficial transcript of all college/university courses completed that clearly indicates current overall GPA.
Applications submitted by the early deadline of December 31, 2023, will receive 5 bonus points. The official deadline for all applications is January 31, 2024.
Applications will be judged by members of PRSA Chicago, public relations educators and professionals using the following criteria:
- Writing skills as demonstrated throughout the application and essay
- Recommendation letter
- Academic achievement in overall studies, with an emphasis on industry applicable courses
- Awards or honors received for academic or extracurricular achievements, with an emphasis on PR or communications recognition
Applicants will receive notification by March 2024 and fulfillment of the scholarship funding will occur by April 2024.
Questions? Please send an email to the Diversity and Inclusion committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.