Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
PRSA CHICAGO MICHELLE FLOWERS DIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited four-year college or university in Illinois.
- Be enrolled in public relations studies, journalism, communications or courses preparing for a career in public relations.
- Be a current freshman, sophomore, junior, or non-graduating senior.
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Be African-American/Black, Hispanic or Latina/o/x/e, Arab/West Asian, East and Southeast Asian, South Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Indigenous/Native American, or Two or More Races.
To apply for this award, submit the following:
- A completed online application process found HERE.
- Full name
- Contact information: address, email, phone
- University name
- Major and minor
- A 500-word essay that explains why the applicant feels they are a top candidate for the Michelle Flowers Diversity Fellowship and how they uplift Diversity and Inclusion within their university and among their peers.
- A recommendation letter of no more than two pages from a faculty member or advisor.
- An official transcript of all college/university courses completed that clearly indicates current overall GPA.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Make sure all materials are error free and thoroughly proofread. All application materials must be posted to the electronic portal by January 31, 2023. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Applications will be judged by members of PRSA Chicago, public relations educators and professionals using the following criteria:
- Writing skills as demonstrated throughout the application and essay
- Recommendation letter
- Academic achievement in overall studies, with an emphasis on industry applicable courses
- Awards or honors received for academic or extracurricular achievements, with an emphasis on PR or communications recognition
Applicants will receive notification by March 2023 and fulfillment of the scholarship funding will occur by April 2023.
Questions? Please send an email to the Diversity and Inclusion committee at email@example.com.