Login or Create an Account
PRSA Chicago Michelle Flowers Diversity Fellowship Program
Create a New Account
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited four-year college or university in Illinois.
- Be enrolled in public relations studies, journalism, communications, or courses preparing for a career in public relations.
- Be enrolled in their junior year of studies this fall.
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Be of African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Island ancestry.
To apply for this award, submit the following:
- A completed online application process found here.
- Full name
- Race/ethnicity: African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Island
- Contact information: address, email, phone
- University name
- Major and Minor
- 500-word essay that explains why the applicant feels they are a top candidate for the Michelle Flowers Diversity Fellowship and how they uplift Diversity and Inclusion within their university and among their peers.
- A recommendation letter of no more than two pages from a faculty member or advisor.
- An official transcript of all college/university courses completed that clearly indicates current overall GPA.
- A copy of applicant's current resume.
Make sure all materials are error free and thoroughly proofread. DEADLINE EXTENDED: All application materials must be posted to the electronic portal by January 31, 2022. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Applications will be judged by members of PRSA Chicago, public relations educators and professionals, using the following criteria:
- Writing skills as demonstrated throughout the application and essay
- Recommendation letter
- Academic achievement in overall studies, with an emphasis on industry applicable courses
- Awards or honors received for academic or extracurricular achievements, with an emphasis on PR or communications recognition.
Recipients will receive notification by March 2022 and fulfillment of the scholarship funding will be granted April 2022.
Questions? Please contact the Diversity and Inclusion committee at email@example.com.